Monday, July 27, 2009

Finding Me

So I sit here feeling disposed
Like this me isn't me
Feel like I'm trying to conform
to what "HE" and "SHE" wants me to be
Hiding all theses feelings
Feeling like I'm hiding
Moving in new directions
My spirit inside is crying
Seem like sin has become my best friend
Like I've done a 360
and found the old "Ashley" again
Who's to say that she isn't me?
Maybe this whole time this "NEW ME"
Is who I was pretending to be
Lots of miles and space
I travel to find a new place
Hoping this space
Will erase those bad memories I've traced
So I sit here feeling disposed
Although no one truly knows
I put on this smile daily
Like I put on my clothes
I drink up this life
Like my morning cup of tea
Wondering all the while"WHO IS SHE?"
I'm still finding me
Finding where I'm suppose to be
I'll travel these miles
Just to get close to being free

No comments:

Post a Comment